You can create panels containing pie charts, bar charts, or line charts to compare and
track your test results and other project-related metrics.
To create a new chart panel on a Dashboard page:
instance of the Dashboard and log in to the session as a user
with permission sufficient to create a panel.
On the Dashboard's page selection tool bar, point to
Global Setting and select Create
In the Add New Panel dialog box, select the
Chart radio button as the panel Type, and
then enter the information as requested.
Display Settings tab: Use this tab to assign properties to the
- Chart Title: Name for the chart.
- Show Title: Show or hide the chart title when
the panel is displayed.
- Chart Type: Type of chart to be presented on the panel.
- 2D: Display a two-dimensional version of the chart.
- 3D: Display a three-dimensional version of the chart.
- Category: Select the type of data from
the data profile for the horizontal axis (abscissa) of the chart. See Category and series for details.
- Series: Select the type of data from
the data profile for the vertical axis (ordinate) of the chart. See Category and series for details.
- Caption fields: Enter a caption for each axis.
- Legends: Select the position on the panel
at which the chart’s legends are to be displayed.
- Data Labels: Select the caption for each group of data on the
- Series: Use the values of the vertical axis to label each
group of data on the chart.
- Categories: Use the values of the horizontal axis to
label each group of data on the chart.
- Value: Use the raw numerical values of each group to
label the group data on the chart.
- Percentage: Use the percentage values of each group to
label the group data on the chart.
To restrict the data used by the panel based on the values of one or more data fields,
select and enter the filtering expression(s) as needed on the
Filter Fields tab: Use this tab to create logical expressions to
filter data on charts.
- And/Or: Logical operator for combining more than one
- Field: First operand in the logical expression.
- Operator: Comparison operator.
- Value: Second operand in the logical expression.
- Add: Add the user-defined logical expression to the filter
- Remove: Remove the highlighted logical expression from the
- Add: ( ): Add parentheses to the highlighted logical
expression to override the default order of precedence.
- Remove: ( ): Remove parentheses from the highlighted
After adding customized filters to the panel, if you want to save the new filtering
expression(s) to a new data profile, click Save as on the
Filters tab and enter the name of the data profile on the
Save setting profile as text box, then click
The Dashboard creates a new data profile based on the
profile specified in the Data Profile drop-down list (on the
Display Settings tab) with customized filters added. The
logged-in user owns the newly created data profile, and this Dashboard panel uses this new profile.
In the Panel Configuration dialog box, enter the information as
requested and click OK.
- Select page: Select the page on the Dashboard in which the
newly add panel is to appear.
- Height: Set the height (in pixels) of the panel. A taller
panel has higher resolution, producing sharper charts.
- Folder: Select a TestArchitect
repository folder containing the report data you want to display on the new
A detailed chart panel containing the requested information is added to the designated
page. Depending on the type of chart you create and the data profile
applied to it, hyperlinks to more detailed information on certain elements of the chart
may be available. You can change the settings for this panel at anytime by clicking the
Edit panel button on the upper-right hand side of the panel.