Use an indicator panel to show numerical values of statistic fields in a table format.
Values matching user definable range can be highlighted with different colors to indicate the
level of importance.
To create a new indicator panel on the Dashboard page:
instance of the Dashboard and log in to the session as a user
with permission to create a panel.
On the Dashboard's page selection tool bar, point to
Global Setting and select Create
On the Add New Panel dialog box, select the
Indicator radio button as the panel Type,
and then enter the information as requested and click OK.
Display Settings tab: use this tab to assign properties to the
- Title: the title name of the indicator.
- Show Title: shows or hides the indicator title name on the
- Statistic Field: selects the field to show in the indicator.
The values from this field will be shown in the first column whose column's name is
the name of this field.
- Value: selects which statistic field to focus and indicate in
the indicator table.
- Percentage: sets the indicator to highlight fields meeting
the percentage range requirements (see the From setting below
for details on setting the range requirements).
- From: specifies the statistic field value range to highlight.
This value defines the lower-bound of the range. Only statistic fields defined in the
Value drop-down box meeting the From
range requirement are highlighted in the indicator table, and the color of the
highlighted statistic fields are defined by the Color selector
option. If the Percentage checkbox is selected, only percentage
fields meeting the range requirements are highlighted.
- Color: defines the highlighted color of the statistic field
meeting the range requirements.
- : adds one more From and
Color control pair.
- : removes a From and
Color control pair.
To restrict the data used by the panel based on the values of one or more data fields,
select and enter the filtering expression(s) as needed on the
Filter Fields tab: Use this tab to create logical expressions to
filter data on charts.
- And/Or: Logical operator for combining more than one
- Field: First operand in the logical expression.
- Operator: Comparison operator.
- Value: Second operand in the logical expression.
- Add: Add the user-defined logical expression to the filter
- Remove: Remove the highlighted logical expression from the
- Add: ( ): Add parentheses to the highlighted logical
expression to override the default order of precedence.
- Remove: ( ): Remove parentheses from the highlighted
After adding customized filters to the panel, if you want to save the new filtering
expression(s) to a new data profile, click Save as on the
Filters tab and enter the name of the data profile on the
Save setting profile as text box, then click
The Dashboard creates a new data profile based on the
profile specified in the Data Profile drop-down list (on the
Display Settings tab) with customized filters added. The
logged-in user owns the newly created data profile, and this Dashboard panel uses this new profile.
In the Panel Configuration dialog box, enter the information as
requested and click OK.
- Select page: Select the page on the Dashboard in which the
newly add panel is to appear.
- Height: Set the height (in pixels) of the panel. A taller
panel has higher resolution, producing sharper charts.
- Folder: Select a TestArchitect
repository folder containing the report data you want to display on the new
A detailed indicator panel containing the requested information is added to the
designated page. Depending on the type of chart you create and the data profile
applied to it, hyperlinks to more detailed information on certain elements of the chart
may be available. You can change the settings for this panel at anytime by clicking the
Edit panel button on the upper-right hand side of the panel.