A registered bug is a TestArchitect bug (TA bug) associated with a JIRA bug
Ensure that the following requirements are met:
- Your TestArchitect test machine has registered the JIRA server.
- A JIRA issue to be associated with a TA bug has already been created, and is of
- At present, TestArchitect-JIRA integration supports versions
and 6 of JIRA.
To create a registered TA bug, complete the following steps:
Right-click the Bugs node in the TestArchitect explorer tree, then click New
Fastpath: Ctrl + N
In the New Bug dialog box, click the
The Import Bug dialog box appears with the default
user name and password configured in Registering
Tip: At your option, you may override the default
user name and password with your own credentials for an existing account on
the JIRA server.
In the Bug ID text box, specify the bug ID of a JIRA bug
you would like to associate this TA bug with.
The password is verified after you click OK.
The values obtained from the JIRA bug are loaded into the corresponding
Source and Status fields in
the New Bug dialog box.
- Generally, a registered TA bug loads values from four JIRA built-in
fields: Key, Summary,
Description. However, you can have
TestArchitect load additional JIRA fields, such as
Priority or Fix
Version(s), by creating associated TestArchitect user-defined fields.
See Adding a custom field in
TestArchitect for further information.
- If the JIRA bug's status is different from Open,
Closed or Reopened, the status
of the registered TestArchitect bug
is always set to Open. Refer to TestArchitect bugs for possible
statuses, or stages, of a TestArchitect bug.
- Making changes to the Summary or
Description field in the New
Bug dialog box is possible.
Click the Create button.
- If you attempt to associate a TA bug with a JIRA issue that is not
of the type Bug, an error message is
- Each JIRA bug ID can only be mapped to a single TestArchitect bug. If you attempt to
import a JIRA bug that is already linked to a registered TA bug, the
following message is displayed:
A registered bug is created and appears in the main panel. The fields of the
Information tab below are explained in TA bug information.
- The TestArchitect
Bug ID field is a combination of a prefix key followed by an ID number,
separated by a hyphen.
- The ID number is automatically generated to avoid duplicate bugs in case of