TestArchitect™ can be integrated into Team Foundation
Server (TFS)-Microsoft Test Manager®(MTM), allowing you to include your TestArchitect tests in your application’s lifecycle managed
by the Visual Studio and Visual Studio Team Foundation tools.
can associate your TestArchitect test cases with TFS test
cases in your test plan and run the plan as an automated test in
The following flowchart illustrates the TFS-MTM integration process.
TFS-MTM integration process
- From Microsoft Test Manager, a test request, (that is, detailed test case
information), is sent to Team Foundation Server.
- Team Foundation Server sends test information to Microsoft Test
- Test Controller sends test case execution information to the Microsoft Test
Agent. At this step, Test Agent calls a test method and then launches the
TestArchitect scheduler to execute the specified test cases.
- After execution completes, Test Controller collects the test results from
- Test Controller publishes the results to Team Foundation Server.
- Finally, Team Foundation Server displays the test results in Microsoft Test