TestArchitect test results from projects or test cases
which are mapped to TFS can also be uploaded to TFS by manual means.
Ensure that you have already taken the following steps:
- Registered the TFS server with TestArchitect. (Learn more.)
- Mapped the TestArchitect
project containing the test cases of interest to a TFS project. (Learn more.)
- Mapped TA test cases to TFS test cases. This can be achieved
by any of the following means:
To manually upload TestArchitect test results to
In the TestArchitect explorer tree or a result list view, right-click a test
result, and then select .
In the Select Location dialog box, specify a location on
TFS that you want to upload the result to through either of the following:
- Explicitly defining the location:
- Click Select a Destination Folder.
- Select a location that you want to upload the result to.
- By using Work Item Query
- Click Work Item Query Language (WIQL).
- Enter a WIQL query to query for a collection of satisfied TFS test
cases, and then click OK.
Tip: Click the question mark
icon to see the typical syntax of a WIQL query.
In the Build Number box, specify a build number.
Note: Build Number
is a built-in field in
both TestArchitect and TFS, used to represent the AUT build.
- If this field is empty, specify a value.
- If this test result's built-in field already has a value defined
from a previous run, this field is automatically filled in and is
Important: If your TestArchitect installation
is integrated with Visual Studio Team Services, formerly known as Visual Studio Online, be
aware that the Build Number field in Visual Studio Team Services is
governed by a user-specified domain of values. That is, any build number supplied from TestArchitect must first exist in Visual Studio Team
Services's list of allowable build numbers.
Select the Upload attachment(s) to
Team Foundation Server check box to upload the TestArchitect test result to selected TFS test
cases as an HTML file attachment. (Selectivity is determined by the field that
Use the By Team Foundation Server result list box to specify
which type(s) of TFS test result accept an attached TestArchitect test result.
- Passed: Upload the TA test result as an attachment if
the TFS result status is Passed.
- Inconclusive: Upload the TA test result as an
attachment if the TFS result status is
- Failed: Upload the TA test result as an attachment if
the TFS result status is Failed.
- The mappings between TestArchitect
and TFS test result statuses (that is, how TFS interprets each TA
result status) are defined during initial configuration of the TA
repository's connection to the Team Foundation Server. (Learn
- If more than one condition is selected, they are effectively OR'd
together. For example: If both Passed and
Failed check boxes are selected, any TA result
that has an TFS status of either
Passed or Failed is uploaded as an
Select the format
of the uploaded test result:
- HTML: (Default) Upload the result as an
- Compressed (Zip): Upload the result as a zipped
- Automatically compress result(s) if file size >
KB: Upload the result as a compressed (zipped)
HTML file if the file exceeds the specified size.
Otherwise, upload the result as an uncompressed HTML
TestArchitect uploads the selected test
results to TFS at the specified location and displays the upload confirmation
Click OK to close the confirmation dialog box.
test results are uploaded to TFS in the
format specified in
In case of test results generated
from a serial test run
, that is,
running multiple test modules sequentially within a single test run, if the given
's values among test modules are not
identical, the test results are unable to be uploaded to TFS. (Learn