The following new features and improvements are introduced in TestArchitect version 8.2
Update 7 running under Linux.
- Before upgrading to the latest version of TestArchitect,
it is strongly recommended that you back up all repositories.
- A TestArchitect client and any repository server to which
it connects must be of the same version.
- Diff Tool: New capabilities,
in addition to the comparison of project items, have been added to the tool:
TestArchitect online Help: You now have the option of having the
F1 key open either TestArchitect's local help file, or
TestArchitect online help.
- Scheduling hit list
clearance: Repository hit list clearance now can be scheduled to take place
during non-business hours to reduce the cache’s size of repository server, so that the
repository server is started more quickly.
- Interface Viewer
capture of transient controls: The Interface Viewer now caches captured UI
objects and their properties, a feature that is especially useful for those controls that
become unavailable during the interface capture session. This retention allows you to
continue viewing those UI objects in the Viewer, and to save them to your project
- New timing-related built-in settings:
- New picture-handling built-in actions:
Enhancements to existing features
- capture screen built-in action: Additional arguments
including window, control,
left, top, width, and
height have been provided to allow for capturing a specific
- Interface Viewer selective
refresh: You can now perform a refresh on any given window node in the Viewer's
Explorer panel. Previously, the refresh function was limited to
refreshing all currently open windows on the system at once.
- Significant web control capture improvement: Detection of web application
controls within Mozilla Firefox by the Interface
Viewer and point-to-identify tool is now