Before executing tests on an iOS device with the sample Car Rental application, you
must install required software and configure the device.
- For starters, the iOS device must be a development device. (Alternatively, you can use an iOS device for which
development use is temporarily enabled).
- Second, you must install TestArchitect Agent onto the device. This allows for
communication between TestArchitect on the host machine and
the AUT on the iOS device. The installation of TestArchitect Agent
on the device must be performed using a USB cable. (Installation over a wireless network
is not supported.)
- Next, several settings on the iOS device must be properly configured, such as setting
Triple-Click Home to control Toggle
VoiceOver, and turning on Location Services for TestArchitect Agent. Refer to Configuring an iOS device for complete
- After completing configuration of the device's settings, install the Car Rental iOS
application onto it.
- Finally, use TestArchitect Agent to establish a connection between
the host machine and the device.