Upon completion of an automated test, the following error message
is reported in the Automation Problem
dialog box, or in the test
The start program action could not
complete since the connection between your device and the test machine could not
- Check the USB cable connecting the iOS device to the test controller host.
Verify that the connectors are free of debris and that the cable is not
damaged. If available, replace with a known good cable.
- Verify that your iOS device is recognized in iTunes:
- If not already done, connect the iOS device to the test
controller host (Windows or macOS) with a USB cable.
- If asked, as before, to verify that you trust the connected
computer: tap Trust.
- Start iTunes on the test controller machine and ensure that your
connected iOS device appears under Devices heading in iTunes.
Note: Once your iOS device is recognized in iTunes, TestArchitect is also able to detect it.