The Quick Start tab, which appears when you open TestArchitect Client, and remains available until you close it, offers quick
access to some of the most common features of the client, along with helpful
Among other things, Quick Start lets you
conveniently connect to a repository, create a new project, record actions, and open
The Quick Start
tab appears, by default, every time
is launched. The option to suppress or
permit this appearance may be set in the Preferences
This tab consists of three separate sections:
- Basic functions: Primarily intended to allow new users to become acquainted with TestArchitect's most essential tools.
- Connect to a repository
- Brings up the Add Repository Connection dialog box, which
allows you to connect to a repository, an essential first step in creating a project
or working on one. (Learn more.)
- Create a new project
- Assists you in creating a new project in the currently selected repository. (Learn more.)
- Record a new test module
- Deploys the Action Recorder, a means by which you can write a new action by having
TestArchitect record your interactions with the
AUT, with little or no typing required. (Learn
- Identify an element
- Allows you to rapidly identify a UI object of an application of interest, similar
to clicking the Identify button on toolbar menu. (Learn more.)
- Show Dashboard
- Launches the TestArchitect Dashboard, a web–based
application that connects directly to a TestArchitect
repository server and displays project results from the current repository. (Learn more.)
- Support Resources:
- TestArchitect Forum
- Get technical support and participate in product feature requests. You can also
share your experiences with TestArchitect and learn from others.
- TestArchitect Online Help
- The TestArchitect Help system is available in both desktop (CHM) and web-based
versions. You can use them to find the information you need
- Knowledge Base
- Provide troubleshooting and how-to tips on TestArchitect, and also link other
resources like case studies and technical articles to become a better user.
- TestArchitect Blog
- Read a wide variety of test automation topics. The available blogs provide product
updates and tips that help unleash your team’s potential.
- Best Practices
- Read and apply the best practices in administering and testing with TestArchitect
to optimize performance, efficiency and quality in your projects.
- Contact Support
- If you have questions, problems with TestArchitect, you can contact our Support
Team. Our Support Team is dedicated to providing you with high-level technical
- Reference Links: All the relevant links you need when coming or deciding to come to TestArchitect.