A fully functional TFS-MTM integrated system requires that a number of components of
Microsoft's Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment be installed and
- TestArchitect Client and Microsoft
Test Agent must be installed on the same machine.
- The TA-MTM plug-in, Visual Studio and MTM must be
installed on the same machine.
- In order to import TFS test cases or tests suites into
TA, or upload TA test modules/test cases/test results to TFS, the TFS Object
Model must exist on the machine hosting your TA repository server. This
package can be installed once you install Visual Studio; alternatively, it
may be installed as a stand-alone package. Note that, if you decide to
install the TFS Object Model as a stand-alone package, please ensure that it
is of the same version as your installed TFS.
- For test scenarios using Visual Studio 2015 or Team Foundation Server 2015,
whether on-premise or cloud-based, support for launching automated tests is
limited to Microsoft Test Manager 2015 with Microsoft test controller and
Microsoft test agent for Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 (Note that these are
- Running automated tests from Team Foundation Server’s web portal for Microsoft
Visual Studio 2015 is currently not supported.
TFS-MTM integration requires installation of the following software components of the
Microsoft ALM. Please refer to the appropriate Microsoft resources for information
on the installation and configuration of these items:
- Team Foundation Server:
- Microsoft Visual Studio, including Microsoft Test Manager:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, 2015 Update 1
(Enterprise, Professional or Test Professional
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
(Ultimate, Premium, Professional or Test
- Microsoft Test Controller for Visual Studio:
- Microsoft Agents for Visual Studio:
- TFS Object Model:
- TFS 2013 Object Model