Test cases residing on TFS may be imported into TestArchitect, establishing one-to-one mappings between the
two sets of test cases.
Ensure that you have already taken the following steps:
- Registered the TFS server with TestArchitect. (Learn more.)
- Mapped the TestArchitect
project containing the test cases of interest to a TFS project. (Learn more.)
To import TFS test cases into TestArchitect:
In the TestArchitect explorer tree, right-click the target
test module into which you want to import the TFS test cases, and then click
Proceed to do one of the following:
- As in Step 1, again right-click the test module. This time, select
- Alternatively, right-click the TestArchitect test editor of the target test
module, and then select .
In the Import from Team Foundation Server dialog box,
select a TFS source test case to import into TestArchitect and click
A notification message dialog box appears indicating that the import was
Click OK to close the dialog box.
creates a corresponding test case with
the following attributes added automatically:
- The TFS steps are imported as comments in the test module, which may be viewed
in the TestArchitect test editor.
- TestArchitect maps each TFS test ID to the
Source field of the corresponding TestArchitect test case. The
Source number can be found on the
Information tab of the test case.