This topic describes the details of running automated tests in a lab environment
using Microsoft Test Manager.
Ensure that you have already taken the following
- Deployed and configured:
- Configured and registered:
- Created test suites and added test cases in MTM Testing
Center. (Learn more.)
- Created test methods
and associated them to TFS test
- Created and configured a TFS build definition. (Learn
- Queued the new build. (Learn more.)
- Created a new environment in MTM Lab Center. (Learn more.)
- Configured run settings. (Learn more.)
To run automated tests in MTM, do the following:
Run MTM and connect it to the team project from TFS where your project resides.
In MTM Testing Center, switch to the
Test tabbed page.
On the Run Tests page, select a test suite or an
individual test you want to run.
Select Run from the Run
Tip: If you wish to run a test in a different environment or with
different test settings, choose Run with
The Analyze Test Runs tab is displayed, showing
the progress of the test run that contains this test.
After test completion, press the Refresh
button to see the
tests results. The result details include data collected for the test results and the
test results history.
Once you are able to run automated tests on Microsoft Test Manager
successfully, it's time to move on to integration with TestArchitect.