This topic describes the requirements that must be met by the systems involved in
running tests under TFS-MTM.
Requirements for each system
Computer hosting the TestArchitect repository
- The TFS Object Model must exist. This package can be installed once you install Visual
Studio; alternatively, it may be installed as a stand-alone package. Note that, if you decide
to install the TFS Object Model as a stand-alone package, you must ensure that it is of the
same version as your installed TFS.
TestArchitect Client computer on which you create and configure
- TestArchitect Client.
- The TA-MTM plug-in. (Learn more.)
- Microsoft Visual Studio, including Microsoft Test Manager:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, 2015 Update 1
(Enterprise, Professional or Test Professional
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
(Ultimate, Premium, Professional or Test
Lab environment where tests run
- Microsoft Test Controller for Visual Studio:
- Microsoft Agents for Visual Studio:
- TestArchitect Client and Microsoft
Test Agent must be installed on the same machine.
- The TA-MTM plug-in, Visual Studio and MTM must be
installed on the same machine.
Additionally, it is required that you be familiar with how to automate test cases in MTM
), and that you have:
- Deployed and configured:
- Configured and registered:
- Created and configured a TFS build definition. (Learn
- Queued the new build. (Learn more.)
- Created a new environment in MTM Lab Center. (Learn more.)
- Configured run settings. (Learn more.)