This topic describes the changes made in TestArchitect version 7.0.
Note: The following TestArchitect enhancements are currently stable on
Windows platforms only.
It is strongly recommended that you back up all
repositories before upgrading to the latest version of TestArchitect.
Stand-alone TestArchitect License Server installer
TestArchitect License Server now has a dedicated stand-alone installer.
Repository server replicationReplication
is a process that maintains synchronization between two or more repositories anywhere in
the world, allowing users in different locales to work collaboratively on projects.
Test Architect Client
- New Quick Start page: The Quick Start
page provides quick access to basic tasks such as connecting to a repository,
creating a new project, and recording a test module.
- Test module template: A basic test module template is provided to get you
started with the Action-Based Testing methodology.
- Test case steps: Test case steps enable you to define a sequence of
events and a test result for each test case.
- Test case and test module buttons:
Toolbar buttons are now available for quickly creating a new test case or a new
- TA item URLs: Each TA item has a unique URL, making it easy for you to
access any item by clicking its link..
- Create new action from action lines: Creating new actions from action lines
is a smart and easy way to create new actions.
- Picture capturing tool: Use
this tool to capture on-screen images and save them as a baseline or
- Device Live Screen: Displays the screen of a connected
device for testing of mobile devices.
- Enhancements to existing features:
- History roll back: Create a new version of a test case using the
content of an earlier version (use this instead of deleting the current
- Reporting: Graphic design has been enhanced to increase usability.
- Screentips identify control class: Hold your cursor over a
control to view the control's TA class.
- Automation problem dialog box: More information is now included in
error messages, making it easier for you to debug issues.
- User permission: You can now define permissions across an entire
- TA list view: Columns in TA list view have been enhanced to
- Edit command (context menu) The Edit
command (accessed from the context menu) assists you with editing items
such as interface entities and datasets.
- Harness sample: Harness samples have been provided to make it
easier for you to get started developing an automation harness.
- Process for updating/deleting test cases and objectives: Updating and
deleting test cases and test objectives needs to follow the process to
ensure data integrity. (Refer to test cases and test
objectives for details.)
- Playback toolbar: A toolbar with Stop,
Pause, and Resume
buttons is available when tests are run.
- Action recorder: Graphic design of the Action Recorder has been
improved to increase usability.
- Create New Item form: The Create New Item
form has been simplified.
- Test result: Test results have been redesigned to increase