The following new features and improvements are introduced in TestArchitect version 8.1
update 2 running under Windows.
- Before upgrading to the latest version of TestArchitect,
it is strongly recommended that you back up all repositories.
- A TestArchitect client and any repository server to which
it connects must be of the same version.
scoping: With this alternative to dynamic scoping (the previous default mode of
TestArchitect), the scope of a local variable does
not extend into action calls. This means that a local variable is only accessible within
the block in which it is declared, but not in its child blocks. (Note that, while lexical
scoping is now the default, dynamic scoping may be restored by setting the built-in lexical scoping setting to
- Support for Android
5.0: Test automation on Android 5 is now supported. The supported types of AUTs
include native Android apps, WebView and Google Chrome up to version 41.
Enhancements to existing features
- ignore tabs
and newlines built-in setting: Ignoring of tab and newline
characters is now supported on additional platforms, such as Java, mobile (Android,
- Support for transmission of tab() and newline() characters for various user-interface actions
such as set and enter.
- scroll to view built-in
action is now supported on the following platforms:
- native Android apps
- Google Chrome
- native iOS apps
- New additional Android 5 controls are supported, including
toolbar and menu bar.
- The TextSwitcher Android control is remapped
to the text switcher TA control, instead of
- The SearchView Android control is remapped
to the search view TA control, instead of