This topic describes the changes made in TestArchitect version 8 update 2.
- Before upgrading to the latest version of TestArchitect, it is strongly recommended that
you back up all repositories.
- A TestArchitect client and any repository server to which it connects must be of the
- XML supported built-in actions
- New AbtXML class
supported with the following harness function:
- Query: Run an XPath query against an
- Class mapping for Android:
Class mapping helps you map unknown Android controls to known TestArchitect control
classes, so that TestArchitect can use its existing built-in actions to recognize and
handle those controls.
Enhancements to existing features
- Improvements for re-signing iOS applications:
- Solutions enhanced so that re-signing iOS apps works more stably on various types
- During the re-signing process, the .ipa app extension is now optional.
- Generic Android ta class is no longer supported; instead,
new and existing Android ta classes have been created and improved.
If you already
have captured generic Android controls in prior versions of TestArchitect, you may
continue using them in this version by contacting TestArchitect Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- get text
file built-in action: File extensions are not taken into
consideration, as long as they are text or word-processing files.