The following new features and improvements are introduced in TestArchitect version 8
update 4 running under Windows.
- Before upgrading to the latest version of TestArchitect, it is strongly recommended that you
back up all repositories.
- A TestArchitect client and any repository server to which it connects must be of the same
- Support for test automation on iOS 8.1.x and iOS 8.0.x:
TestArchitect extends mobile testing and introduces support for testing iOS 8 applications.
(See iOS Automation for more information.)
- You can now create automated tests for iOS applications running on the latest versions of
Apple smartphones, including iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- TestArchitect recognizes iOS controls in tested iOS applications. It also provides
specific built-in actions for each control class for simulating user actions on the controls
and for retrieving data from them.
- Database support:
With this update, TestArchitect allows you to interface with a variety of standardized
database systems. A set of new built-in actions and harness methods allows your tests to connect to, and run queries against, Microsoft SQL
Server, MySQL, and MS Excel data sources.
- A new mouse-related built-in action:
Enhancements to existing features