The following new features and improvements are introduced in TestArchitect version 8.3
running under Linux.
- Before upgrading to the latest version of TestArchitect,
it is strongly recommended that you back up all repositories.
- A TestArchitect client and any repository server to which
it connects must be of the same version.
- Introduction of new XML test result
- TestArchitect saves test results of each test run
in the XML format, so that you can view them in any web browser.
XML result model provides the following advantages
when compared to the previous result model.
- Less memory footprint: The amount of memory that TestArchitect uses or references while opening and
viewing test results is less.
- Smaller parsing times: The operation process is faster, such as
open test results, import/export test results, etc.
- Smaller test result compression: Test results take up less hard
drive space; therefore, the repository's size is reduced.
- Test result customization:
You now can customize how your test results appear by modifying the corresponding
XSL file, a language for transforming XML test results.
- XML Result
Conversion tool: Rather than converting one-by-one test result into XML format, you can perform this
operation via a command line tool to quickly convert entire test results of a given
- Numerous bug fixes.
- Better troubleshooting of automation errors: If there are any automation
errors in the test result, TestArchitect provides a
hyperlink to direct to the respective online troubleshooting topic which describes
common causes and possible solutions.
Enhancements to existing features