In a Lab Manager session, you can view the current status (in real time or
after-the-fact) of each registered device, and mark devices for removal or test termination.
The device status is displayed on the Devices tab in Lab
Manager. The status information may be sorted on any field, in ascending or
descending order. Click the up or down arrows in any given column header to achieve this. Use
the search box in the upper left-hand corner on the Devices tab, to
search for and list device names matching the search string.
The fields, from left to right, are:
- Check box: Check boxes are used to specify which device(s) you
wish to apply a given action to. Prior to clicking on the Remove or
Terminate button (see Lab
Manager toolbar for more actions), check the boxes to the left of those devices
you wish the operation to apply to. The uppermost check box may be used to select or clear
all devices' check boxes.
- Device Name: Name of the device as it is known on the network. The
value within this field is a hyperlink, and clicking on it invokes a dialog box with
detailed information on the given device and its environment. Below is an example of a
device information dialog box:
- Status: current status of the device. Possible values for this field
- Idle: indicates that the device is not currently running any tests.
- Running: indicates that a test run is in progress on the given
- Automation Error: indicates that the most recent test run
encountered an error or warning condition of sufficient severity for it execution to
- Cannot Connect: indicates that Lab Manager is no longer able to
communicate with the device.
- Controller: The TestArchitectcontroller running on the machine to which the device is attached.
- Logical Name: The logical name assigned to the device by the built-in
action assign device
in the test procedure.
- Model: The manufacturer's model name of the device.
- Platform: The device's operating system.
- Latest Result: This column group presents a
running tally of the numbers of Passes, Fails, Ignored Fails, Warnings and
Errors while the current test run is in progress or, as the case may be, a final
tally of the results of the most recent test run.
- Executed: As with Latest
Result, shows the running tallies of the test run
(Status = Running) as well as post-run
information on the most recent test run. This field is further divided into subfields:
- Test Modules: Consists of two figures - a numerator and a
denominator. The value of the denominator is the total number of test modules in the
test. During a test run, the value of the numerator indicates the ordinal value of the
test module currently running. (For example, a display of 3/7 indicates that the third
module in a batch of 7 modules is currently running.) If a test completes without
early termination, the value of the numerator matches that of the denominator. In the
event of an automation error, loss of connection, or user termination of the test run,
the value of the numerator indicates the latest test module being executed at the time
of the faulty event.
- Test Cases: As with test modules, the value of the
denominator indicates the total number of test cases in the test run, while the value
of the numerator indicates which test case is currently running
(Status = Running), or which test case was
- Duration: Overall execution time of the test run in
- Current action duration: Elapsed execution time for the
currently running test case or test module.