TestArchitect Client can be configured to your requirements with
a large collection of customizable features.
You can set your TestArchitect Client preferences in the
Preferences dialog box by selecting menu
The following settings are available:
- Test editor font: Select a font name to choose the typefont used by
the test editor.
- Test result font: Select a font name to choose the typefont used by
the test execution result.
- Save the test editor after every: Select the check box to autosave
contents of the test editor, and set the time interval determining the frequency of
- Hide arguments using default value: Select this box to cause argument
headers and values in action lines to be automatically removed when the values match the
defaults defined for the called action.
- Automatically archive deletion data to this location: Select check
box to automatically save deleted TestArchitect data, and
specify the storage location.
- Help extension location: Select check box to specify a custom
location for the Help extension file (See Help system
- Remember workspace: Select to have TestArchitect Client save the workspace before it exits. If enabled,
the next time you launch TestArchitect, the last
workspace saved is automatically reloaded.
- Use Online Help: Select to open TestArchitect's online Help. This option requires Internet
- Automatically generate test objective and test case name: Select to
automatically generate names for test objectives and test cases whenever you enter the
test objective and test case actions in the
- Display warning message about invalid test module template: Select to
display warning message if a test module template is invalid (See Test Modules for a valid module template).
- Automatically insert step into test case: Select check box to insert
your steps automatically to a test case (See Creating test steps.
- Show TA class when identifying: Select to enable the TA
class screentip when using identify method (See Point-to-identify mode).
- Show pending result dialog: Select to show the Result
Delivery Pending dialog box when executing test remotely (See Receiving test results of remote test execution).
- Specify interface for duplicate entities: Select to show the
Specify Interface dialog box to map ambiguous entities (see ambiguous entities for more details).
- Enable Error Reporting: By using Error
Reporting, descriptions of problems or errors will be sent to LogiGear, which we use to
improve TestArchitect. We will also treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
Error Reporting is enabled by default.
- Enable Telemetry: The Telemetry feature sends
performance and usage info to LogiGear. As you use TestArchitect, Telemetry measures and
collects non-personal information, such as performance, hardware, and usage. Furthermore
we use this information as a tool to improve TestArchitect. Telemetry is enabled by
- Number of empty lines to insert when pressing Ctrl + Enter: Set the
number of empty action lines that are inserted in the editor by this keyboard shortcut.
- Show start time: Select to show the local time in the test result,
when TestArchitect begins executing each action
- Show run duration: Select to show the elapsed time in the test result
for each action executed.
The action's start and elapsed time can also
be set from the toolbar on the Result
- Show Quick start Tab: Select to display the Quick
Start tab when TestArchitect is launched
(See Quick Start).
- Start Repository server: Select to start the local repository server
when TestArchitect is launched, if not already running.
- Configure the program to be used for merging items: Enable a
third-party tool to be used in conjunction with TestArchitect's Diff
Tool for comparing or merging project items. (Learn more.)