Mappings, or links, between TFS test cases and their counterparts in TA allow for the
execution of TestArchitect tests to be initiated from MTM.
These mappings are established automatically whenever test assets are exchanged (imported and
uploaded) between TA and TFS. They may also be established manually, by you, as discussed in
You must have taken the following steps before you can map TestArchitect
test cases with TFS test cases:
- Registered the TFS server with TestArchitect. (Learn more.)
- Mapped the TestArchitect
project containing the test cases of interest to a TFS project. (Learn more.)
- Created TFS test cases to be mapped with their TestArchitect counterparts.
- Created a TestArchitect test module that you want to map
In the TestArchitect explorer tree, right-click the
Test node, a test folder node, or a test module node containing
the test cases to be mapped.
In the Map Test Cases to Team Foundation Server dialog box, for
each test case that you wish to have mapped to a TFS test case, enter the TFS test case ID
into the Source column, then click OK.
- Each TFS source ID can only be mapped to a single TestArchitect test case.
- If the TFS source ID has been mapped to another TestArchitect test case, that source ID is highlighted
Alternatively, you can also quickly map a TestArchitect
test case to a TFS test cases in the
tab of the TestArchitect