Steps to upgrade TA-TFS integration projects.
- Upgrading of outdated build assembly files is supported with TA-TFS plug-in versions
#3.0.14 or later. (To check the current version of your TA-TFS
plug-in: in Visual Studio, select the menu, browse, and then click TA-TFS Integration
- If your TA-TFS plug-in version is #3.0.19 or earlier, an additional
step is required after upgrading the build assembly files. TA-TFS integration projects
created after #3.0.19 have replaced Coded UI with Unit Tests; that
is, they are no longer dependent on the Coded UI libraries. Therefore, you must
reassociate your existing TFS tests cases (Learn
To upgrade TA-TFS projects, do the following:
Start Visual Studio.
Open a TA-TFS Integration project.
In the Solution Explorer tree, right-click the solution or specific projects,
and then select Update TA-TFS Integration Project.
If outdated projects are detected, the following dialog box appears.
The upgrade process, in general, performs the following actions:
- Update the TestArchitect BuildAssemblies files,
which store information of the TA-TFS plug-in when it is
- Structure folder in your projects as follows:
- Create a new class file called
which is used to develop TFS-MTM Extensibility
- Move C# test method files, generated during test association, into
a new subfolder called
- Move assembly methods into the
If you want Visual Studio to back up your projects before upgrading them,
select the Auto back-up updating project(s) check
Click Update to begin the upgrade process.
When the upgrade process finishes, the successfully upgraded projects
display a status of Done. You can also view the log
file in case of troubleshooting by clicking View
- If you previously selected to back up your projects, the backup copy
of your projects are located under a folder named
- For example, if your obsolete version of TA-TFS plug-in is
3.1.0, the folder's name is
Click Close to exit the dialog box.
Check in the solution to apply all changes.