The following new features and improvements are introduced in TestArchitect version 8.1
update 4 running under Windows.
- Before upgrading to the latest version of TestArchitect,
it is strongly recommended that you back up all repositories.
- A TestArchitect client and any repository server to which
it connects must be of the same version.
- New built-in actions for data sets:
- New exported methods of AbtDataSet for user-scripted actions
(applicable to C# harness only):
- CheckIn: Check a data set in to
- CheckOut: Check out a data
Enhancements to existing features
- Several existing public API methods (applicable to C# harness only) are now reordered
into a new AbtDataSetManagement class provided for user-scripted
actions that interact with data sets. The public API methods are as follows:
Create a new data row with specified contents.
Create a new data set object.
- DoesDataSetExist: Check whether a data set exists.
Retrieve a data set's contents. Note that this method may be applied to a data set
in the current project or a supplier project, and it accesses the appropriate
variation of the specified data set based on the existing runtime variation